In this episode, Brian explains his design thinking process, gives his recommendation regarding hide glue, shares his process for storing designs on digital format, his thought regarding domino joinery, woodworking trends, and much more!
QUESTIONS ANSWERED ON THIS EPISODE
- 00:22 What to do when green lumber is not available?
- 03:55 What is your design thinking process?
- 09:40 What is the best hide glue for joints such as sliding dovetails?
- 10:51 How do you store your wood shapes in digital format for long-term use?
- 13:45 How did you promote yourself when you were starting out?
- 17:35 What’s the most important thing to nail when building a chair?
- 20:02 What are your thoughts about using Domino joinery in chairs?
- 23:03 Brian, looking in your crystal ball, which furniture trends do you see that really interest you?
- 25:16 How do I find my furniture design style?
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
- Titebond Hide Glue
- Patrick Edwards’ Old Brown Glue
- North Bennet Street School
- Center for Furniture Craftsmanship