Welcome to the first episode of the Ask Brian Boggs Show! Brian Boggs provides direct, answers to questions on a wide range of topics. He covers woodworking, tools, business, work/life balance and much, much more.
QUESTIONS ANSWERED ON THIS EPISODE
- 00:30 – What is your favorite wood to work with?
- 03:51 – What is a fair selling price for green wood chairs?
- 10:29 – What are your thoughts on shop sustainability?
- 12:59 – What is your favorite finish for table tops?
- 13:10 – When using turned legs, is it necessary to have tapered tenons and reamed holes… Or can a straight wedge tenon hold fine?
- 16:01 – When designing a new chair, do you have a preferred material that you use, or is it just whatever you have laying around?
- 18:23 – How do you value your work? Price and see how the market accepts, raise and lower accordingly, or commissions?
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
Make A Chair From A Tree: An Introduction To Working Green Wood by John D Alexander